Who doesn’t dream about having shiny, lustrous hair? Truth is that healthy hair is a combo of a lot of factors, from a healthy diet to the way you brush your hair, everything counts. So, here’s a list I put together of all the steps you need to take to make sure your hair is as shiny and as healthy as possible.
- Eat a healthy diet. In order to keep your hair strong and shiny you need plenty of fruit, vegetables, protein and complex carbohydrates. Also avoid smoking, excess caffeine and alcohol.
- Use the right shampoo and conditioner for your hair type. You need to find the ones which work for you.
- Use sunscreen. The sun can damage the surface of your hair in the same way that it damages your skin. Your hair will definitely benefit if you incorporate products with UV filters into your beauty routine.
- Take some time to massage your scalp when you apply conditioner. Make sure you rinse thoroughly.
- If greasy roots are your problem, try rinsing your hair with diluted lemon juice to eliminate extra grease and leave you with super shiny hair.
- If your hair is shoulder length or longer, take care when you brush your hair. Use a natural bristle brush and go slowly and gently to avoid tearing the hair.
- Use warm water rather than hot to wash your hair. It will help to prevent grease build up. If you’re feeling brave rinse in cold water for a super shiny finish.
- Have regular trims every six to eight weeks to cut off dry ends and to keep your style in shape. It really does help to keep hair looking and feeling healthier.
- Use a deep conditioning treatment after every six washes. Putting on a shower cap and allowing the treatment to penetrate will leave you with super shiny and soft hair.
- If you regularly use hot appliances to style your hair, you must use heat protection every time.
Have some extra haircare tips to add to the list? Let me know in the comments below